Last updated: March 2015
Information you provide to us and how we use it
To access certain areas of our Platforms, you may need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Azzedine Alaïa to provide you with the services you select.
We may also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, when you send us e-mail communications or send us letters) or when you provide your details when you visit an Azzedine Alaïa boutique.
If you choose to interact with Azzedine Alaïa via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform.
We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platforms, described in the section headed "Cookies and other information that we automatically collect", below.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
· deal with your enquiries and requests;
· send service related communications including announcements and administrative messages;
· announce new products and events relating to us (and other third party partners) in accordance with your communications preferences (please see the section below “How to edit, delete or access your personal information” for further information about how you can control these updates);
· conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
· prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities; and
· understand how our Platforms are used so that we can continuously improve our Platforms and offerings.
Cookies and other information that we automatically collect
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application and are used to recognise your computer when it returns to a website or mobile application it has visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
· First party cookies, served directly by Azzedine Alaïa to your computer or mobile device. They are used only by Azzedine Alaïa to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Platforms.
· Third party cookies, which are served by a service provider on our Platforms, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other platforms. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are 'session cookies', meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are 'permanent cookies', meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by Platforms to recognise your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
What cookies does Azzedine Alaïa use?
The Platforms serve only the following types of cookies to your computer or mobile device:
Type of Cookie
Cookies necessary for essential purposes
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through these Platforms and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like secure login accounts, would not be possible.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Platforms.
The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our Platforms, the platforms that referred them to our Platforms and the pages that they visited on our Platforms.
We use this information to help run our Platforms more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Platforms.
Content sharing and social networking cookies
These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third party social networking and other platforms. The companies that serve these cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other platforms.
Further detailed information about the specific cookies used on these Platforms and the third parties who serve them can be found in our . You can use this cookie tool to control your cookie preferences. l
How to control or delete cookies
You can set your cookie preferences by using ouror by changing your browser settings so that cookies from these Platforms cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility).
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log in times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Platforms and for internal reporting purposes. We may anonymise and share this information with advertisers, sponsors or other businesses.
Sharing your information
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies outside the Richemont group except under the following circumstances:
· to third party providers who provide services on our behalf such as fraud prevention;
· we may disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
Protecting your information
We want you to feel confident about using our Platforms, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
How to edit, delete or access your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. You can also ask us not to send you direct marketing communications (however please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address listed below.
These Platforms are not directed at anyone who we know to be under the age of 13, nor do we collect any personal information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13 you should not use the Platforms and should not submit any personal information to us.
Azzedine Alaïa S.A.S.
7 rue de Moussy